This list will be forever changing as I visit new locations. In one sentence I will state why these castles made it to the list of my top 10. Click the links to find more information on the castle.
10. Kaiserburg (The Imperial Castle)- It once held The Spear of Destiny & other relics.
9. Rothernburg Fortress- The bastions are built in a unique star shape.
8. Mespelbrunn- The still filled moat is unique to this castle.
7. Donaustauf Ruins- The views of Walhalla & the Danube River will steal your breath away.
6. Lohr Castle- This is the castle that the famous Snow White lived and you can even see the real "mirror, mirror on the wall" in the museum here.
5. Marienburg Fortress- The gardens & views of the city are simply magical.
4. Tambach Palace- Falconry shows & hundreds of wild deer in the wild life park roaming the land will make you feel like you're part of a story book.
3. Neuschwanstein Castle- The views looking out from the windows inside show snow capped mountains that will make you never want to leave.
2. Linderhof Palace- The gardens & fountains are some of the best I have ever seen.
1. Lichtenstein Castle- The background scenery makes this castle look like a fairytale.